It doesn't make any difference whether your holidays take in lots of this
or spending time at places like this
or just putting your feet up in the garden
this competition will be ideal for all.
The Competition is for a mini quilt based upon a Holiday Memory, and here are the specifics you will need to know to enter.
- Mini quilts submitted must be at least 12" by 12" in size and no bigger than 24" by 30"
- Submissions can be made in one of three categories
- Mini Quilt/ Wallhanging
- All submissions must be complete on entry
- Submitted entries must have been completed since 1st January 2013
- Submissions can be either from a blog post or Flickr photostream
- All submissions should include details of the Holiday Memory they relate to in the blog post or Flickr photo description
- Entrants can only make 1 submission in each category, but may enter all 3 categories with different, individual entries if they wish
- Submissions open at a Link party on this blog on Thursday, September 26th
- Submissions close on Friday, October 4th
- Voting for the Viewers Choice winners in each category begins on Saturday, October 5th
- Voting closes on Friday, October 11th
- Winners in all categories will be announced on Tuesday, October 15th
Naturally as this is a competition there will be prizes and thanks to the generosity of some lovely people there are some great prizes up for grabs.
For each category there will be a Judged prize winner and a Viewer's Choice winner and, in addition, there will be several randomly drawn prize winners. So there will be lots of opportunity to be a winner no matter whether you are a skilled quilt artist or a tentative beginner :)
The Judging panel, who will collaboratively decide on the winning entry in each category, have been drawn from around the globe and represent a wide-ranging span of experience and interest in their quilting backgrounds.
- Kristy at is well known to many of you as the paper-piecing pattern supremo of such diverse lines as Retro Kitchenware and LEGO Star Wars characters
- Cindy at Tops to Treasures is a longarm quilter par excellence and a Moda Bakeshop designer to boot
- Sheila at bluepatch quilter is a quilt class teacher of many years standing who describes herself as an enthusiastic quilter, but her pupils might think that is underselling herself
So what prizes are there in store for the lucky winners?
Well, I am happy to tell you that nearly everyone I approached as a potential prize sponsor said yes, so the following fantastic prizes will be awarded.
A £25 gift voucher from the Village Haberdashery
A Fabric Bundle from Sew Me a Song
An Italy Fat 8ths pack of Oakshott Cottons
A box of Aurifil threads
A jelly roll to the value of Aus$44 from Jelly Roll heaven at Fabric Patch,
6FQ's of Japanese Fabrics from Blossom Heart Quilts
Choice of 3 paper-piecing patterns from Quiet Play's Craftsy store
A copy of Patchwork Please
1 x 5 spools Aurifil Thread (4 lucky winners!)
So, what are you waiting for? Grab the button, spread the word and start sorting through those holiday snaps :)
I can't wait to see what you all come up with.
And because it has taken me weeks to get all this organised I am linking this post up as a finish to Crazy Mom Quilts and