Friday 7 August 2015

A first and a finish!

Even with the diversion of a trip to the Festival of Quilts yesterday I have managed to finish my quilt from the Siblings Together Quilt Bee , and not before time as the summer camp at which these quilts will be distributed is coming up in a couple of weeks time!

STQB quilt front


Manhandling this quilt through my machine for the straight-line quilting was certainly a test of my upper arm strength, I could feel aches in places that I have never felt aches in before :)

My recent trip to the local fabric sale resulted in this great numbers fabric for the quilt back.


This was my first visit to a Doughty's Roadshow but at £7 per metre, it definitely won't be my last! The shows take place all over the UK, check out here to see if there is one happening near you. Be prepared to queue, but trust me it is worth it at these prices :)

I had made a test block when I drafted the instructions for my Bee mates, so used that with the numbers fabric for the quilt back.


You can just see the first of the title in the top left hand corner of the quilt back.

My first ever quilt label!

As all of my previous quilts have been made for family members I have never added a quilt label to the back before. The label above was donated by Spoonflower for the Siblings Together Quilts, so one email to Catherine and I had a label for my quilt.



I hope that the eventual recipient of this quilt gets as much pleasure out of using it as I did from making it.

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts


14 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful quilt. It has a lovely softness to it. It will be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a really great finish! Whoever receives it is certain to feel the love and care that went into making it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful finish! I'm sure it will be loved & treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quilt - that number fabric backing is a hoot! I love when blocks from the front, are added to the back - it gives the back a nice zing, and it's a good way to use up leftovers that will match perfectly :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finish, well done. You made me laugh with your upper arm work out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful quilt, Fiona, both front and back. The number fabric was a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a lovely quilt for the siblings cause. How envious was I of your DH being at the cricket on thursday. They announced we had won the ashes at FOQ and a cheer went up

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful! The numbers fabric makes a great backing for a kid's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt, and all that quilting work out pain was very worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Snuggle worthy for sure. Bless you. Janita

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's lovely. Siblings together always strikes a chord with me and this will be a hit I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great design, and it looks very soft and comforting - lucky recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this quilt, Fiona, and the way you have quilted it really adds beautiful detail.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...