Friday 20 May 2016

Annex Double-Zip Box pouch revealed!

On Wednesday I teased you with this

and now I can reveal what this great fabric from Spoonflower was used for.


This lovely pouch is an Annex Double-Zip Box pouch from the new pattern, released today, by the very talented Sara of Sew Sweetness

I had been intending to make a Box pouch for my youngest son with this fabric when I ordered it, but never actually got around to doing anything about it. So, when a request for pattern testers for this pattern popped up in my inbox, I knew that the time to finally make one had arrived :)

The pattern includes instructions for three sizes, this is a medium sized pouch.

The pouch has two separate compartments, each with its' own zipper, so keeping things neat and tidy should, in theory, be a breeze for the youngest son. We shall see!

Using only one FQ of fabric for the exterior, these pouches are a great way to utilise some of those FQ's that you bought just because. Admit it, I am not the only one that buys FQ's that catch my eye with absolutely no plan in mind for their use :)

So, another gift added to the stockpile and a New to Me pattern tested to boot.

Head on over to Sew Sweetness to check out the lovely pouches that Sara's pattern testers have created. If you decide to make some of these very useful pouches for Christmas or Holiday gifts this month, don't forget to link them up to the Ho, Ho, Ho and on We Sew Link Party, which is over at Threading My Way

You could be the lucky linker who will win this month's great giveaway prize!

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts



13 comments:

  1. It's a lovely box pouch, especially the double pocket. Nice male fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *gasp of glee* You were a tester! I saw Sara's post today and skimmed through it, and immediately put the pattern on my BUY THESE Pinterest board, lol. I got really excited when I saw several comments that it was a one hour project - I've seen a "somewhat" tutorial (you know - the kind that is only pictures, but not a complete tutorial) online and it went right over my head, even though I've made a few (ok, 100+, lol) boxy bags. I can vaguely picture some of the steps in my mind, with the two zippers, but I can't wrap my head around it. Was it an easy make? Yours is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. You mean we're supposed to have a purpose in mind when we buy FQs?! I had NO IDEA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fabulous use of some gorgeous fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the double zip and the fabric, Fiona. A great pouch for a male. Ha, ha... I have a huge stash of fat quarters that are waiting for just the right project - not many male fabrics, though. Must do something about that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great pouch for a young man Have yet to make a ouch with one zip never mind two, will get round to it one day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use for a fab fabric! I certainly could find one or two FQS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man can be tricky to stitch for but that pouch is awesome! Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that pouch! I totally admit to buying those fat quarters, just because. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That pattern looks fun with the double-zip, I had to go check out all the different variations! Your son will enjoy the rugby print I am certain!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a lovely pouch and your fabric is perfect for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice my dear mama. That ought to get an extra hug or two. Janita

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous pouch and love that fabric!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...