Thursday 12 November 2015

Once a piecer, always a piecer!

On our recent trips to Wales for the Rugby World Cup games I discovered that even in the middle of a horde of rugby fans there is always something patchwork related to be found :)

Aren't these patchwork tweed caps great?

There were a couple of stalls selling gorgeous Donegal tweeds at the Festival of Quilts show, I was wishing that I had bought some of it when I saw those caps!

Just outside Cardiff Central station I came across this painted building. Naturally I spent a while standing looking at it wondering if it would be possible to piece :)

Clearly I am obsessed!

Linking up to

Really Random

8 comments:

  1. That would be brilliant to piece and I like the colour combo too - not my usual colours but I really like the dark in there popping the brighter ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great quilt inspirations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is inspiration everywhere for sure - love that building.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hats are good but the building is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there would be a few inset seams but it would certainly make a lovely quilt, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That building would make an amazing quilt! The hats are pretty great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you could do it, Fiona. That pattern on the building would make a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds! I once gave a friend a cap like that as a present. It was made beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...