Saturday 15 April 2017

100 Day Challenge - the final!

It is the final check in for Jen's 100 Day Challenge.


So time to find out if I managed to meet any the deadline for any of my challenge projects.


My three projects for the challenge were to

  1. Master the shiny new serger sitting in my sewing room
  2. Try out the New to Me technique of Boutis
  3. Finish the long overdue Craftsy BOM quilt top

Well, to master the shiny new serger I wanted to make an outfit for the gorgeous grandson.

 One pair of leggings, done and dusted!

T-shirt to match

and several dribble bibs! I'd say that was done wouldn't you?

Next up, having a go at Boutis

Done and dusted too!

The final challenge was a bit more daunting. When I went to work on the 20 blocks from the Craftsy BOM I discovered that there was a couple of issues with the sizes. I suspect that is a big part of the reason why these blocks have been languishing so long in the cupboard!

I decided to pull 12 blocks from the pile and work with them and here is what I now have!

One completed quilt top! As it happened I only had enough of the navy solid to sash the 12 blocks anyway so it was obviously the right decision :) My original intention with this BOM had been to give the resulting quilt to my son and daughter-in-law, and I think that I will still do that but as I have blocks left over I hope to pair it with a smaller quilt for the gorgeous grandson too!

So, three challenges set and three completed!! That's a first.

Thanks Jen for setting the challenge again, I have really enjoyed working on these three very different projects, it was certainly the nudge that I needed :)

11 comments:

  1. congrats on achieving your 100 day challenge the quilt looks great and I am sure of your grandson could talk he would say how much he loves the things you have made for him

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serger learning is next on my list. And found out a friend is a Serger whiz and is more than willing to show me how!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you had 1 & 2 under your belt, but I wondered about #3 - you DID it! I opened the quilt picture up in another tab so I could have a good look at it - those blocks are awesome, and each so different (I imagine the leftovers are different as well!) - my favourites are the ones that are off center (especially row 2, block 4) - I always think that's such a fun look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on finishing all three goals, Fiona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on achieving all three challenges set. I only got as far as two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on finishing the challenges. Matching parent and child quilts - a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the finish! Your Boutis looks interesting. Must do some research on that.
    Gi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on conquering the serger! and of course on doing your other two projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your finished quilt top, the colour combo is great! Congrats on all your finishes too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay well done on your finishes !! love that you've mastered the overlocker - it will come in very handy for cute kids clothes :) and I must find my Craftsy BOM blocks and get that quilt finished too !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...